The IC-2820H receives 118-549.995 and 810- 999.990MHz* with dualwatch receiver capability that allows you to receive two bands simultaneously (including within a single band)*. Almost all VHF& UHF communications are available to you!
* See specifications for receive range coverage.
Diversity receive capability
If you have two antennas, diversity receive* capability is useful for mobile operation where the received signal strength changes continuously. Within a single band, the radio compares signal strength from each antenna and chooses the better signal to maintain good sound and receive quality.
* Available on 127, 136, 146, 375, 440, 500MHz bands in FM, FM-N, DV mode only.
50W output power on both VHF and UHF bands
Dual antenna meterA MOSFET power amplifier provides a powerful 50W on both the 2m and 70cm bands, making this compact rig’s signal travel for miles! Output power is selectable in 3 steps.
The large 93 × 28 mm (321/32 × 13/32 in) full dot matrix display presents an easy-to-read graphical interface, viewable over a wide angle. Push the “Function” button to call up the assigned functions menu on the display. In addition, tuning knobs and buttons for each band are arranged side-by-side, providing intuitive operation.
Separate controller from main unit
Symmetric layout and easy-to-read graphical interfaceThe controller is separated from the main unit for flexible installation. The controller has magnets on the rear panel, allowing you to attach the controller to the main unit or other metal objects. This makes clean and neat installation easy! A 3.4m separation cable, OPC-1663, and a short cable (10cm), OPC-1712, are included.
522 memory channels
The IC-2820H has a total of 522 memory channels, 500 regular channels, 2 call channels and 20 scan edge channels. Each memory channel stores tone frequency, skip information and so on. The Dynamic Memory Scan (DMS) system divides these memories into 26 groups, A to Z, and provides easy channel selection. Of course, bank scanning is also possible.
Band scope function
The band scope function lets you watch conditions near the receiving frequency and visually assists in finding other stations.
– ±2.5ppm high frequency stability with TCXO unit
– Green to amber variable display background color
– Green to amber variable display
– 104 × 2 DTCS/50 CTCSS tone squelch operation
– Max. 45 channel/sec. high speed scan capability in programmed scanning mode
– 9600bps packet terminal, mini DIN (6-pin) connector
– Long or short squelch delay
– Automatic attenuator
– FM narrow capability
– Sub-band auto mute function
– 16 DTMF memory channels (24 digits)
– DTMF pager and code squelch function
– Auto power off
– Auto repeater function (USA version only)
– DTMF remote control function (USA version only)
– Weather channel with weather alert function (USA and EXP versions only)